Join now - be part of our community!

How to turn off Optimus on Sony VAIO laptop ?

AlphaM4l3
New

How to turn off Optimus on Sony VAIO laptop ?

I have a Sony VAIO SVF15A1C5E laptop with Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I've seen other laptop manufacturers now offer a way to turn off Optimus via Bios options.

Is there such an option available for my laptop and if so where can I find it? I looked into Bios but couldn't find anything that would help me turn off Optimus. I am hoping you have a way to do so or you can release a Bios Update?

I've been a loyal Sony costumer for years but if there isn't or won't be a way to turn off Optimus in the near future I'm affraid I won't be sticking with this brand anymore. The technology is buggy and has many flaws in design logic itself. It forces Integrated GPU on all ports even HDMI. If you use Nvidia Inspector to add a media player to run thru Nvidia GPU it renders Intel Control Panel useless and adds another problem of not being able to modify colours because Nvidia Control Panel on Optimus hides those options thinking that they are controled by Intel Contol Panel which is not the case at all. Tested on many different players. And that holds true for games as well. Many unhappy people all across internet forums talking about a way to disable this Optimus and that's why some manufacturers have already done so. I am hoping that Sony does the same.

P.S. I also wrote to Nvidia GPU manufacturers who told me to ask you how to turn off Optimus that this is your domain not theirs and also no response about how to fix their Control Panel missing cruicial video settings that are so needed.

Tags (1)
0 REPLIES 0