Join now - be part of our community!

How uninstall Touchpad software? Harmful?

aabbccdd
Visitor

How uninstall Touchpad software? Harmful?

VGN FE41S, Vista Home Premium

Hi,

I've been advised by Logitech (after trying all of their other suggestions) that, in order for their "SetPoint" software to detect my Logitech mouse (which it isn't, at the moment) - so I can fully use/programme all of the buttons on the mouse - I need to uninstall the Touchpad software from "Add/Remove" progs. They claim doing this will still maintain a basic level of functionality in the Touchpad.

I have a few questions:

1. What other functions, of the Touchpad, are there, apart from the "Left" and "Right" buttons?;

2. Where, in "Add/Remove", is the Touchpad software?; and

3. Can I re-install it at a later date?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Geoff_33
Visitor

Hello,

You have one horizontal and one vertical scroll on your touchpad. I don't think you can uninstall it from windows.

You can disabeld it in the vaio control center. And I think it's also possible in the Bios.

aabbccdd
Visitor

Thanks, Geoff_33.

Logitech suggests uninstalling the touchpad software, which, according to them, will still allow me to use the basic features of the touchpad.

I tried the 'disable' feature but it, as expected, completely disbled the touchpad whilst not solving the problem. The mouse still isn't detected when I re-install Logitech's SetPoint software.

Does the Vaio laptop have any touchpad software that I can uninstall/disable which still allows the touchpad to be used, therefore enabling me to test whether it was the cause of the Logitech software not fully installing and recognising my mouse?

The annoying thing is that SetPoint installs perfectly well on my XP P.C. I'm considering giving-up and waiting for the Vista Service Pack 1 to be released to see if that solves the problem.

aabbccdd
Visitor

The Logitech mouse is now detected by the "SetPoint" 'Utilities' software after I disabled UAC in Vista "Home Premium".