Join now - be part of our community!

I didn't found my laptop BIOS update for SONY VAIO VPCEB3S1E

profile.country.US.title
dax-giant
New

I didn't found my laptop BIOS update for SONY VAIO VPCEB3S1E

I didn't found my laptop BIOS update for SONY VAIO VPCEB3S1E.

i need to update my Bios but i didn't found any updates for my model.

and i want to update my Bios because i found heating problems and the fan goes so fast after i install windows 10 and the same problem in Linux distributions.

Thanks for your help.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi dax-giant and welcome.

Sony have not produced any BIOS updates for your model and they do not support Windows 10 on your Vaio. Your model is 8 years old and Sony have decided that not all Windows 10 features can run smoothly on the hardware platform.

The things you mention - such as overheating and the cooling fan - are not controlled by the BIOS anyway. Things like this are controlled by Utility programs which will have been installed on your Vaio when it was new. Unfortunately, these Utility programs only exist for Windows 7 and you can download them from here:-

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/laptop-pc-vpc-series/vpceb3s1e?downloads-num=56#downloads

Sony usually recommend upgrading to more recent releases of Windows. If you upgrade, rather than do a clean install, then these utility programs are kept from the previous version and usually work.A clean install means they will be lost.  Installing them again after a clean install is not always as successful.

You could try installing the relevent utility programs from the above download website -

VAIO Platform Update

Setting Utility Series

Vaio Control Centre

Vaio Event Service

Vaio Power Management

Sony Shared Library

SFEP Driver

Good Luck!