Join now - be part of our community!

I have the NVIDIA problem (again) but I can't access chat support

SOLVED
profile.country.en_PL.title
phiarejo
Visitor

I have the NVIDIA problem (again) but I can't access chat support

Hi,

I can't seem to find the chat support option even after I log in with my vaio's serial numbers on the sony europe support site.

I have a VGN FZ31M which I bought in Poland in early 2008. I experiened the NVIDIA display problem back in 2009 and I was able to access chat support and arrange for my vaio to be collected and repaired. A few months ago the same display problem came back. After checking the support site and logging in using the serial numbers I realized that the chat support option doesn't appear anymore.

Is there any way I could arrange for my Vaio to be picked up and repaired?

Thanks in advance.

Philip

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Philip,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Unfortunately  Vaio-Link chat is only available during the Vaio's initial warranty  period & as your Vaio is out of warranty, not including the the four  year for the Nvidia issue, you'll need to contact vaio support using  the OOW number.

To find contact details for Sony Vaio support..

Open Vaio support click the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 1: Enter your vaio's serial number

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch

Alternatively see the image below for contact details..

vlp.JPG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Philip,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Unfortunately  Vaio-Link chat is only available during the Vaio's initial warranty  period & as your Vaio is out of warranty, not including the the four  year for the Nvidia issue, you'll need to contact vaio support using  the OOW number.

To find contact details for Sony Vaio support..

Open Vaio support click the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 1: Enter your vaio's serial number

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch

Alternatively see the image below for contact details..

vlp.JPG

phiarejo
Visitor

Thanks! I'll do just that.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome, hope all goes well..:smileyhappy:

phiarejo
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,
So I finally got around to try and call sony to have my FZ31M picked up but when I tried the number on the phone support tab (0 801 382 462) it won't connect.
Is there another way to get in touch with Vaio support? I just need to give them my present address so they could send someone from UPS to pick it up just like last time. Chat support worked well but I can't access it anymore.
FYI, I'm currently in Poland till the end of the month and I'd like to have my vaio up and running before I start travelling at the end of October.
Thanks in advance.
Best,
Philip
phiarejo
Visitor

I somehow realized that I should omit the first zero for the number to work. So after figuring that out and the call went through, I encountered another problem. The recording isn't in english. It's in Polish but I don't speak it.

After a few tries I was able to feel my way through it and I was able to enter my vaio's serial number and I got patched through to an operator who spoke english (lucky!). I told him about my problem and gave him my number and address. He said that the repair center will get in touch with me in a few hours. :slight_smile:

P