Join now - be part of our community!

I just got my lovely vaio and need some help with device detector 3

princessjessica
Visitor

I just got my lovely vaio and need some help with device detector 3

I got my Vaio yesterday and ive just finished setting it up.. how great is this laptop? I love it!!

Im having a little problem that I cant find any solution to, hope someone on here can help me.
Im having error boxes come up saying that DEVICE DETECTOR 3 has stopped working, that a problem has caused it to stop working and Windows will close the program and notify me when a solution is available.

The boxes come up whenever I turn on my Vaio and also sometimes when I am using it..

Also my shortcut to CLUB VIAO is not working.. slightly annoying.

Hope someone can help me out.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi princessjessica and welcome to Club Vaio.

The error message is probably coming from a program that is not 100% Vista compatible. Have you got an Olympus camera or installed anything made by Olympus?

The offending program is probably C:\Program Files\Olympus\DeviceDetector\DevDtct2.exe supplied by OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP and you need to either uninstall it or go to the Olympus website to see if there is a Vista upgrade available for download. You should at least stop this program from running automatically when you start your Vaio - this will stop the error messages.

There is a fix for the Club Vaio problem - try here: -

http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/gb/en/myclubvaio/patch/

Hope you enjoy your new Vaio - which model have you bought?

:thinking: