Join now - be part of our community!

ICC Colour profiles

jcarruthers
Visitor

ICC Colour profiles

Hi there,

Is there anywhere I can get the relevant ICC/ICM files for my FE11H laptop?

(for use with Photoshop etc)

James

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Welcome to the forum,
alas only on crt monitors not these groovey lcd screens do you get a true representation of the print swatches. However photoshop has the icc profiles in the preferences dialogue box all you can do is print out to get a good idea of how the artwork will look. This is why no true professionals use LCD.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi James and welcome!

Tony obviously has the full (posh) version of Photoshop! If you are like me and can only afford the cheapo version - Photoshop Elements - you will only be offered three colour profiles in Edit>Colour Settings.

1. No colour management (default colour profile)
2. Limited colour management (sRGB colour profile)
3. Full colour management (AdobeRGB1998 profile)

If you want to see all the available profiles (usually about 40 depending on what printers you have installed) go to:

Control Panel>Display>Settings>Advanced>Colour Management and click on 'ADD'.

Best to stick to the Sony Default (Sony_l65), sRGB or AdobeRGB1998.

:wink:

jcarruthers
Visitor

Thanks guys.

Tony - I realise this - am a graphics professional myself - I don't appear to have any Sony profiles on my machine at all - just the standard sRGB CRT one. LCD monitors do have them - if only to correct the colours to something resembling "real life" (or as near as they can get)

Blencogo - thanks for the welcome. I don't, or at least I can't find, any Sony ICCs

So - the question still remains - where can I find an ICC profile for my LCD :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi James,

Sony profiles come on a disc if you buy a stand alone monitor.

You may have to make your own custom profile using Adobe Gamma!

I assume your FE11H just uses sRGB

If you start with sRGB you can make any adjustments you like in the Adobe Control Panel and save with a new name (such as James.icm). Set this as your default.

:thinking: