Join now - be part of our community!

Impossible to find a case for AR41S

Suburbanlegend
Visitor

Impossible to find a case for AR41S

Anyone got any ideas to find a good case for the AR41S? I'm trying to find one that flips open at the centre, so it can stay inside.

Currently I'm using a cardboard box to lift the laptop to eye level and it's working really well. I just need a case so I can become mobile.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I never found a conventional case for my AR31S. It is just that little but bigger than a normal 17" laptop.

I have the Vaio Backpack VGPE-MB03 which is a tight fit but works OK and has tons of handy pockets.

In the end though, I rarely take it anywhere - it is too big to be fully mobile!!!!

:slight_frown:

profile.country.CH.title
stone69
Contributor

I fully agree with Blencogo. I own also an AR31S and was looking quite a while for a suitable bag. As he mentioned just from the dimensions it seems not to fit most bags stated for 17" notebooks.
Finally I settled also down with the SONY backpack. It fits in tight, so there is no big movement while carrying it around. There is lot's of other space and compartments available and one big advantage of a backpack in my opinion is, that it does not obviously say "steal me" on it as an normal laptop case would do. For me that's especially important with a notebook of this price category!
However, as Blencogo has also mentioned I don't take it out very often, not really because of the weight but due to the reduced life time on batteries.....

By the way are you using the standard battery pack VGP-BPS2C or the extended version?

Just forgot: I was also considering buying one of these aluminum suitcases and do my own "internals" with some foam-stuff. Maybe this would be a solution for you. At least there should be a big variety of sizes available and some of them look even quite cool. I'm just thinking of some black eloxated aluminium to match with the nice VAIO AR :cool:

profile.country.GB.title
davgribb
New

Found a terrific 17 inch Laptop case made by Targus My AR41S fits like a glove and has a seperate compartment and pockets for all other bits and pieces i.e. AC adaptor etc.
Cost about £30 from Comet in Cardiff Wales although it was in a sale so not sure of usual price. Use it a lot.