Join now - be part of our community!

install failed on new laptop

SOLVED
profile.country.nl_BE.title
matth252
Visitor

install failed on new laptop

hello, we purchased a new sony vaio today and during the install we lost power, now when we boot it says the install has an error and an ok button.

is there any way to restart the initial vaio setup? is there a partition or something i can boot from to fix this?

greets matth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Matth and welcome.

Do you see a Vaio Logo splash screen for a few seconds when you turn the computer on - before the error screen?  If yes, you can reinstall the system by tapping F10 when you see this screen which should start the recovery software.

What is the Vaio Model?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Matth and welcome.

Do you see a Vaio Logo splash screen for a few seconds when you turn the computer on - before the error screen?  If yes, you can reinstall the system by tapping F10 when you see this screen which should start the recovery software.

What is the Vaio Model?

matth252
Visitor

its a f22l1e bought at media markt today, i have no experience with recovering vaio's myselve so i was kinda lost (doing this over the phone aswel :/) but the f10 works and we're currently repairing.

many thanks for the fast reply will keep you updated!

matth252
Visitor

issue resolved! many thanks!

greets matth

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Great News!  Well Done.

:slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
mohitsaini
Visitor

I bought vaio VPCEH18FG from india 3  months back and now i am in glasgow for my studies. i forgot to back up and restore window 7 at factory setting...now i am facing lot of problems like window media player stops working , some time touch pad stops nad vaio update is not working at all......what should i do ..!!!!! help...

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

@ mohitsaini

Have you Registered your Vaio in India?  Any International Warranty will be invalid unless your Vaio is Registered.

Go to the Support Page for your model and make sure all the software is up to date and Register: -

http://www.sony-asia.com/support/product/vpceh18fg

I suggest you back up your data and make a set of Recovery Discs - just in case.  You will find how to make Recovery Discs in the Tutorials for Vaio Care.  You can also run Vaio Care One Click Care and other helpful diagnosis tools.

The Troubleshooting Guide will tell you how to reinstall Windows 7 if necessary.

If this does not fix your problems, check if you have an International Warranty and the telephone number for Europe.

Just a word of advice - you would be far better starting a new question than hijacking someone elses discussion.  You will get more answers and be able to find replies more simply.

:wink: