Join now - be part of our community!

Installing a 512 GB Crucial M4 SSD in a VAIO VPCSE190X

profile.country.en_GB.title
payared
Visitor

Installing a 512 GB Crucial M4 SSD in a VAIO VPCSE190X

Hello,

I ordered the following machine for my daughter and I didn't choose an SSD during my order there was on offer some unusual dual SSD with RAID 0 without any explanation as to the purpose and advantages of such a setup. So I went ahead with a hard drive.

Product:

US-VPCSE190X-LBOM

Component:

Internal lithium polymer battery (4400mAh)

Component:

Fresh Start

Component:

Blu-ray Disc™ player

Component:

Intel® Core™ i7-2640M processor (2.80GHz / 3.50GHz with Turbo Boost)

Component:

4GB (4GB fixed onboard + 1 open SDRAM slot) DDR3-SDRAM-1333

Component:

Genuine Windows® 7 Professional 64-bit

Component:

AMD Radeon™ HD 6630M (1GB) hybrid graphics with Intel® Wireless Display technology

Component:

15.5" LED backlit Full HD display (1920 x 1080)

Component:

500GB (7200rpm) hard drive

Description:

15.5" S Series Customizable Laptop

But I've now bought a Crucial M4 512 GB SSD (Crucial 512 GB m4 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SATA 6Gb/s CT512M4SSD2) which I'd like to install in her latop instead of the hard drive, using the Apricorn SATA Wire Notebook Hard Drive Upgrade Kit ASW-USB-25.
Can someone please tell me:
1) Whether this will work. If it doesn't then I can return the SSD without any problem
2) Whether there are issues I should pay attention to (BIOS? SATA? IDE? Drivers?) - All mysterious to me.
3) What I should do in sequence. Perhaps disable defragmentation before cloning the drive?
Thanks.
P
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.pt_PT.title
platao
Visitor

Yes it works flawless no problems with Bios! I haven't clone it I've just put inside and reinstall everything with the help of the "Asssist "button and then after this restore the old stuff

Best regards

profile.country.en_GB.title
payared
Visitor

Thank you. What is the "assist" button?