Join now - be part of our community!

Intel HD Graphics 5000 - "Scale Full Screen" not working

Atreyu83

Intel HD Graphics 5000 - "Scale Full Screen" not working

Hi everybody,

I'm having problems in playing some old games (in this case it is Baldur's Gate) because, when I execute them I see the small in-game image centered with big black bars on the sides and on top and bottom: it's like the image is not stretched to fit my screen resolution (1920x1080). In this conditions the game is hardly playable because the image is too small. Noticing this I checked the Panel fit settings and only the "Maintain aspect ratio" option can be selected; the other options "None" and "Scale Full Screen" (the one I actually need) are available only if I select a lower screen resolution. I read a bit on this issue on Intel forum and I tried the workaround they proposed: scaling down resolution, selecting the now available "Scale Full Screen" option and then resetting the resolution to 1920x1080, but it didn't work.

I think that it can be a driver problem. I've a Sony Vaio Pro 13 (SVP1322C5E). I tried to update the Intel drivers to the last version: mine is the 10.18.10.3304 but I saw that on Intel website the most recent version is the 15.36.7.64.3960. Unfortunately I was not able to update them because my Vaio accept only drivers distributed by Sony.

Do you have any idea about this "Scale Full Screen" problem and how to solve it?

Thank you.

0 REPLIES 0