Join now - be part of our community!

Is the Sony VAIO K series really defective/buggy?

Kei
Visitor

Is the Sony VAIO K series really defective/buggy?

This is totally serious here! Is the K series really defective?!

I can't stand it anymore. My PCG-K215B suddenly restarts itself. And also after my ultimate clean recovery (wiping every trace of past data and any viruses if there was any), the system after 1-2 days freezes itself. JUST FREEZES, and when with sound playing at back, the sound simply halts and keeps stuttering repeatingly.
I mean I absolutely cleaned it, a total wipe out, and not installing any other program onto it (just Ad-aware, Winamp, Nero, Spysweeper, and Netgear wireless card).

Seriously, is the K series bugged up?

49 REPLIES 49
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

The best thing you can do is explain clearly the issues and tell them it dies after x hours.

mappyuk
Visitor

I've been in the same situation as you in the past.  I finally decided to 'bite the bullet' and go for the refund.  

I think you should do the same as me if you are sure there is a fault, after all you don't want to be burdened with a faulty notebook for the next couple of years.

Hope it all works out for you.

This is the second attempt to write this reply as my stupid K115z froze in the middle of writing the first one. Yes there is definately a problem with this series. My K115z has been back to Sony twice and they claim not to have found a problem with it yet 2 days after getting it back the second time it has frozen twice within half an hour already.

I am sending this piece of junk back to Sony and demanding a refund. I suggest everyone else do the same

Mike

kee-lo_

Good luck

mappyuk
Visitor

I've been in the same situation as you in the past.  I finally decided to 'bite the bullet' and go for the refund.  

I think you should do the same as me if you are sure there is a fault, after all you don't want to be burdened with a faulty notebook for the next couple of years.

Hope it all works out for you.

How long have you had the laptop before going for a refund. And are you pursuing this with Sony or with the vendor?

mappyuk
Visitor

I think a lot of signs are pointing to yes, and even some members of the design team behind this site have had to send their K series notebooks back to the VAIO Link, so that speaks volumes really.

I have read a lot of complaints about the K series crashing for no reason, and to me that does point to defects.

To get Sony to admit it is going to be very hard.

Kee-lo, could you tell me how you know that some of the design team had problems with the K. I need all the ammunition I can get at the moment!

Thanks in advance.

kee-lo_

Theres a post in Notebooks about "K Series Overheating" by TW, one of the Club VAIO workers

TygerTyger
Visitor

Am I the only person in the world with a properly functions Kseries laptop? Aside from the flickering soon-to-be-expired screen and defective drivers that came with it.

Oh wait nevermind.

kee-lo_

Damn...

Kei
Visitor

Oh great. I can't get a refund, because the stupid vendor (Technoworld) says I've gone over the 2-week period for refunds/exchanges. Crap shop.

They say I've gotta deal this with Sony themselves.
How does the VAIO-Link thing work anyway? Do I phone them up and they pick up my laptop personally, fix it, then bring it back to me personally?
Plus, do they give a courtesy/temporary laptop for use whilst they fix my one?

Please, I need advice.

kee-lo_

Kei,

You call VAIO Link and arrange for a pickup.
They send DHL around to your house, pick up your machine, and take it to the repair bay either at Heathrow, or Alsace in France.
Hopefully there someone will repair it, put it back in the box, put it back on a DHL van, and home it goes to your registered address.
Hopefully you'll be happily suprised when it works.

PS had the same issues with other computer firms. They're a real pain for that !