Join now - be part of our community!

Is the Sony VAIO K series really defective/buggy?

Kei
Visitor

Is the Sony VAIO K series really defective/buggy?

This is totally serious here! Is the K series really defective?!

I can't stand it anymore. My PCG-K215B suddenly restarts itself. And also after my ultimate clean recovery (wiping every trace of past data and any viruses if there was any), the system after 1-2 days freezes itself. JUST FREEZES, and when with sound playing at back, the sound simply halts and keeps stuttering repeatingly.
I mean I absolutely cleaned it, a total wipe out, and not installing any other program onto it (just Ad-aware, Winamp, Nero, Spysweeper, and Netgear wireless card).

Seriously, is the K series bugged up?

49 REPLIES 49
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah what happened?

Brianct
Visitor

Hi there,
I have had my K115z model since 6 May 2004, have not had any problems so far.

when i do i system restore i immediately put on Norton Systemworks 2004, that usually finds about 200 plus errors, fixs them all and i am as happy as larry.

Perhaps you could try something like Systemworks to fix your errors.

P.S Sorry you are having so many problems, hope you get them sorted out.

Brian

i wouldnt say that the k series is totally defective but there is certainly problems with it ... i recently purchased the PCG-K115B and and didnt have any problems at first but then the DVD-R CD-RW drive started to play up and now all it will do is play things ... not amused ... sony needs to sort it out

kee-lo_

Do not douyble post...

htn02
Visitor

the K17 is not buggy, but the windows XP home delivered with the laptop is screwed, i had a freeze up after like 1 week, i runned a registry check, and found like 300 eroors is my registry, after they where removed, my laptop is running like grazy, just install your own windows, or tweak your windows good enough:smileycool:

kee-lo_

End users should not really have to do this - Sony should put out a decent OS build + software.

mappyuk
Visitor

I am really anxious to know how this all ended? Did ya got it  fixed? Refund? Still living with the problem?

Just to let you know that after a nightmare 3 months dealing with Sonys appaling customer service and a last ditch letter to the MD of Sony Vaio UK they finally called me and apologised profusely and offerered me a choice of new laptop.

I avoided the K series like the plague and am now a proud owner of the A115Z which is absolutely rock solid and runs like a dream.

After all this would I buy another Sony?

My judgement is still reserved on this.

If anyone needs more details/names/addresses about what happened please email me at mike@monkeyweb.co.uk

Thanks

kee-lo_

Nice one man !!

:smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin:

Kei
Visitor

Hey folks, sorry about the late notice, but my K215B is fine now. After having receiving it from Sony VAIO-Link at early October, the machine is okay now.
I think the K215B is defective. I think they replaced some kind of power board mechanism/component of some sort.
And this should be common in other K215B VAIOs.

Yes, so in general the K215B is defective.

kee-lo_

Ah I see, glad it's all finally sorted Kei.