Join now - be part of our community!

Is the vaio VGN-AR51E compatible with the Sony pro duo magic gate Mark 2 memory stick, any size?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Cath242
Visitor

Is the vaio VGN-AR51E compatible with the Sony pro duo magic gate Mark 2 memory stick, any size?

Is the vaio VGN-AR51E compatible with the Sony pro duo Mark 2 magic gate memory stick, any size?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Cath242,

The VGN-AR51E supports - Memory Stick™ standard, Memory Stick™ Duo, Memory Stick™ PRO, Memory Stick™ PRO Duo, high speed data transfer and MagicGate compatible. So the answer to your question is yes.

If using a Memory Stick Micro (M2) you will need an adaptor.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Cath242,

The VGN-AR51E supports - Memory Stick™ standard, Memory Stick™ Duo, Memory Stick™ PRO, Memory Stick™ PRO Duo, high speed data transfer and MagicGate compatible. So the answer to your question is yes.

If using a Memory Stick Micro (M2) you will need an adaptor.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
Cath242
Visitor

Hi, thanks for that.  Do you know any other reason why photos would become corrupt when transfer from vaio to the memory stick above then?  They are fine on vaio and fine if transfer to a different smaller memory stick? Thank you

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Cath242,

I’m afraid I don’t have an answer to that but are you sure that you have purchased a genuine Sony pro duo Mark 2 magic gate memory stick?

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/FAKE-Sony-Memory-Stick-Pro-Duo-MagicGate-Cards-Exposed_W0QQugidZ1000000000...

What size are you using? Maybe I am mistaken in thinking there is no size limit but usually the stick is not recognised if the machine does not support it.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat