Join now - be part of our community!

Issue with Vaio Care Auto Update

profile.country.en_GB.title
sussexlad68
Visitor

Issue with Vaio Care Auto Update

Hi there

I have just downloaded the latest version of Vaio Care  (6.3.0.09020) using Vaio Update. The download was successful but every time I  run Vaio Care, it informs me that a new program update is available. When I click 'update now' I'm informed that the file is being downloaded, but then nothing else happens. I've tried uninstalling then re-installing this program but I'm still informed of an update every time I run Vaio Care.

Having just checked Vaio Update history it appears that a previous version of Vaio Care (6.1.2.07220) is trying to be installed. Can anyone inform me how to solve this issue? For info Im using a Vaio laptop no. VPCEA1C5E

Many thanks

Rob

9 REPLIES 9
girneli
Visitor

I have a same issue VPCEC1C5E v2.I call sony vaio they saying have to do full recovery system it will fix the issue and i did full recovery C: and 😧 still have same problem.its look like new update for vaio care is not working fine and also still waiting some help from SONY thnaks.. Attach picture.sorry about my english..  .

profile.country.pl_PL.title
garczynski
Visitor

Hi,

Same issue. I think that problem is recent update. Vaio Care probably thinks that is older than it really is and then tries to update but during update, installator discovers that the the app is up to date.

I gues that this is same problem as with  VAIO Peripherals Metadata 1.0.1.12090 update. I cannot install it, both automatically through Vaio Update and manually. Installator says that a newer version is installed already.

sussexlad68
Visitor

Thanks for your replies guys. I've emailed Sony Support and will let you know when I hear back. I also think that there is a problem with the lastest Vaio Care update and suspect that this is quite a widespread issue. I do think that Sony's advice to do a complete recovery is rather over the top to say the very least!!!

Is anyone else having issues?

Cheers Rob

createben
Visitor

Don't do any thing with that.Sony will fix this issue after their next server update.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I do think that Sony's advice to do a complete recovery is rather over the top to say the very least!!!

I wouldn't recomend doing a recovery just yet..

I've forwarded the problem onto our contact at Sony and am currently waiting on a response..

sussexlad68
Visitor

I have just heard from Sony Support who advised me to uninstall Vaio Update, reinstall it via Vaio recovery centre, then do a manual update of it vaio this website. I have done all of this and seems to have fixed the issue.

Rob

garczynski
Visitor

reinstalling Vaio Update and Vaio Care fixed the problem with Vaio Care, problem with Pheripherals update still remains...

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

garczynski wrote:

reinstalling Vaio Update and Vaio Care fixed the problem with Vaio Care, problem with Pheripherals update still remains...

Excellent thanks for sharing garczynski, could someone else please confirm that this resolves the problem for them..

adrianbrosz
Visitor

open regedit, navigate to:

HKLM\Software\Sony Corporation\Shared Info\AppDb\Vaio Perpherals Metadata

or if you have 64 bit Windows:

HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Sony Corporation\Shared Info\AppDb\Vaio Perpherals Metadata

you'll see that "version" field indeed have higher number than the update (1.1.0...)

change it to something smaller (e.g 1.0.1.12089) and close regedit

then run update

problem should be fixed

-------------------

adrian