Join now - be part of our community!

Keyboard needed for Sony Vaio PCG-FR285M asap....

ash213
Visitor

Keyboard needed for Sony Vaio PCG-FR285M asap....

I own a sony vaio pcg-fr285m laptop.

I have accidently broken the keyboard by spilling a can of redbull on it and hardly any keys work now !

Sony quoted me about £85 to fix it, but thats too high for me.

I found a shop online that said £130, and some one on ebay has one for £125 but still all too high.

My question is, is there anywhere people know that i can get it cheap ? second hand cheap ? if possible as i need to fix it asap.

Thanks for your help in advance, by the way im from England, UK.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi ash213 and welcome.

If that is a firm quotation I would accept it without hesitation - you will not find a replacement keyboard any cheaper than that, unless you hit lucky on eBay.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
ash213
Visitor

Hi ash213 and welcome.

If that is a firm quotation I would accept it without hesitation - you will not find a replacement keyboard any cheaper than that, unless you hit lucky on eBay.

That was about september last year.

Iv been using a usb keyboard since which is annoying.

85 is quite high tho. they would also have to take it away for a month or so !! cant have that.

Does anyone know the serial of keyboard im looking for as theres usually loads on ebay but just have a serial code so i need to work out if they can fit my fr285m model.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I THINK the part number you need is 1-478-086-31, but check this out before ordering.

Nexttronics may provide futher information if you email them (your model is not listed).

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat