Join now - be part of our community!

LAN problems on VGN-FS315B

ed244
Visitor

LAN problems on VGN-FS315B

Hi

I'm currently having problems with my VGN-FS315B's (wired) LAN card playing up. All i get when i connect the network cable is about 4 flashes on the router and a quick attempting to connect, acquiring IP, network cable unplugged routine on in the system tray. Tried with 3 different network cables to make sure but still have same problem. Also checked status of network card and all seems fine.

Anyone got any ideas what the problem could be, had a problem like this or solutions to what to do to sort it out?

Typically the warranty ran out on the 28th :slight_frown:

Thanks in advance

Ed

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Ed and welcome to Club Vaio.

This does not seem to be a common issue here - so it is likely to be a hardware problem.

Difficult to track down as it could be in the Vaio or the router. Do you have another PC to check the router is OK and issuing an IP address? Can you connect to someone elses LAN to see if it is the Vaio?

As I said, it sounds like hardware - poor sockets, dodgy network card or a failed connection.

I presume you have tried the usual tricks:
1. Hard reset the router
2. Uninstall the network card in Device Manager and reboot to refresh the LAN drivers
3. Check you have the latest drivers for your network card.
4. Check that all the Network Services and DCHP are running.

Sorry I can't think of a magic solution.

:slight_frown:

ed244
Visitor

Hi again

Still having problems but now believe it is definitely the port in the vaio since other computers seem fine on my network and DCHP seems to be running fine. Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling with new drivers with no change.

How difficult would getting to the LAN port be, is it actually on-board the motherboard or a card of some kind that may be able to be changed or at least checked for any obvious problems?

Failing that thinking about just ordering one of these type things to use instead.

Thanks again

Ed