Join now - be part of our community!

Laptop freezes when streaming video/music.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
helloally
Visitor

Laptop freezes when streaming video/music.

I bought my Vaio laptop (VPCEB2Z0E) around 12 months ago and for the past month or so I've been having problems with it. When I'm streaming music off youtube or watching shows online the laptop freezes and the music is pulled so it's really long and robotic like. This continues for about a minute. After that minute the music usually stops and after another two minutes it continues like normal. This is not always the case and sometimes I have to hold down the power key to turn it off because it won't stop otherwise.

I have installed all the vaio updates and updated flash.
Any idea what I can do to stop this? It's really upsetting that I spent so much on a laptop and one year in, it's doing this (as well as the battery life being rubbish).

Thanks!

Tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
flogger12345
Visitor

Try to check Event viewer for some error logs. Also try to open resource monitor, then check if there's a high CPU utilization or memory util when your laptop freezes. Start from there.

Good luck. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vbulletin-smile.gif

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jamjones9
Visitor

mine does the same..and thnios vaio has a poor battery too... one hour on low performance is all its ever managed... iy happens when you play a video news clip... everyting freezes and say if you do anything it becomes unresponsive then darts back to life ...?? similar ? if your vaio is under a yeari would take it back because this wil not be the end of your problems...

best regards

j

profile.country.ru_KZ.title
yorksama
Visitor

My Vaio laptop is having the exact same issue. It almost always happens when streaming videos or music online. Sometimes it will go over an hour before getting hung up, and other times it happens fairly quickly. Did you ever find a solution to this issue?

helloally
Visitor

Hi there,

Nope, no one ever replied with help. Hoping someone will.

I've even tried reinstalling drivers and updates for them. No luck.

flogger12345
Visitor

Try to check Event viewer for some error logs. Also try to open resource monitor, then check if there's a high CPU utilization or memory util when your laptop freezes. Start from there.

Good luck. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vbulletin-smile.gif