Join now - be part of our community!

Laptop Screen corrupt?

Twips
Visitor

Laptop Screen corrupt?

Hi

If I run my Vaio in battery mode, my screens starts flickering.
Got anyone the same problem or a solution?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Twips
Visitor

Does really no one got a solution? :cry:

It's really getting on my nerves because I'm not able to run my Vaio in battery mode, otherwise I only see a flickering screen which is getting black after a while, so not really black but the screenlight is turning off....

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Twips and welcome!

I think it is unlikely to be the screen - these are very reliable these days.

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that there are Registry Fixes for some other makes of laptop with this problem but I'm not really sure.

Before worrying about expensive hardware faults like a duff inverter or a knackered (low voltage) battery, I think I would check the Power settings.

Control Panel>Power Options>Vaio Power Management - check that LCD brightness is set to "No Change" under the 'Running on Battery' option. For good measure, check in Power Schemes and set 'Turn Off Monitor' to "Never" under 'Running on Battery'.

If this doesn't work you will probably have to contact Vaio-Link for support.

:slight_frown:

gnomo74
Visitor

Does really no one got a solution? :cry: 

It's really getting on my nerves because I'm not able to run my Vaio in battery mode, otherwise I only see a flickering screen which is getting black after a while, so not really black but the screenlight is turning off....

To start with, it would be good to know which model of VAIO you have :laughing:

Did you check on www.vaio-link.com for any updates that might address the problem?