Join now - be part of our community!

LEFT MOUSE BUTTON BAR

jolou
Visitor

LEFT MOUSE BUTTON BAR

I've had my Sony Vaio VGN-FS29PVP for about 5 months and the silver metallic left mouse button is beginning to wear away to a worn dullled patch. Is this normal? It just makes my otherwise pristine condition looking Vaio look pants! If it isn't and nobody else has had this happen - who do I go to for a new button?!

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Had a very similar problem with my GRX, sadly it's the norm

jolou
Visitor

That's a shame - Considering it's a button that's used quite alot - you'd think it's be made out of something heavy duty like they use on space shuttles(?!) - something that won't wear out after a few months.....Afraid i'm just a bit sad and want that 'out of the box' look to last for more than a few months.....oh well c'est la vie!!!
Thanks for letting me down gently Kee-Lo!!!!

kee-lo_

I know, I dare not look at mine now, as it just isn't VAIO

Josh-2552
Visitor

where do you go for a new button? got to be sony surely. try emailing or phoning them and ask for a replacement; they may charge you, as it isnt a problem, but you may be able to get a rediculous price quote that will make you feel better about not getting one?

You'll never know unless you try :tongue:

kee-lo_

They would want to have it sent in and it wouldn't be cheap outside warranty

jolou
Visitor

I've only had it about five months and don't think that I use the button enough for it to have worn so quickly. It's definitely still in warranty so I will contact Sony and see what they say. Will let you know how I get on!!!

kee-lo_

Good luck with that

BartK
Visitor

Same thing happened @ my workplace.
We where using the same model, got it @ the same time but my collegue was a smoker and me not.
His keys and paint wore off quite quickly and mine didn't.
I'm guessing that this has an influence on this???

kee-lo_

I don't smoke and the bar faded away