Join now - be part of our community!

LOGIN PROBLEM WITH WIN XP MEDIACENTER

Albertmails
Visitor

LOGIN PROBLEM WITH WIN XP MEDIACENTER

I have Vaio VGN-FE21H, i have a problem when windows media center start. A lot often, when i type the password, the Vaio is extremely slow and the item on the windows bar not load, and I can't restart or shut down windows. I tried to uninstall any other startup program. I tried antivirus, antyspiware, scandisk, defrag, but the system is clean and updated. When the system start correctly (very rarely) i put this in Hybernate mode and there are no other problem! all are ok! But when i tried to restart i have this problem!
Sorry for my english.. thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Albertmails and welcome to Club Vaio.

If you right-click on 'My Computer' and choose 'Manage', you will open the Computer Management window.

Click on 'Event Viewer' and double-click on System in the right hand window. Scroll down and look for any system errors that may cause your Vaio to hang when loading the computer services. Also look in Applications to see if an application has caused an error.

:wink:

Sirnig
Visitor

I have Vaio VGN-FE21H, i have a problem when windows media center start. A lot often, when i type the password, the Vaio is extremely slow and the item on the windows bar not load, and I can't  restart or shut down windows. I tried to uninstall any other startup program. I tried antivirus, antyspiware, scandisk, defrag, but the system is clean and updated. When the system start correctly (very rarely) i put this in Hybernate mode and there are no other problem! all are ok! But when i tried to restart i have this problem! 
Sorry for my english.. thanks!

Hi Albertmails. See my recent post here:-
http://www.club-vaio.com/clubvaio/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=36767
and see if any of that helps. Check in particular the MCE 2005 log file which ought to show up any errors with MCE 2005.