Join now - be part of our community!

Lost Recovery-discs

iMAX
Visitor

Lost Recovery-discs

Hello everyone! This is my first post here on Club Vaio. So be gentle :smileygrin:

I have two Vaios, one VGN-A379XP and one TX2XP

It is now a year since I bought my A397 and now its time for recovery. But, I can’t find my discs :cry:

I have looked everywhere, but I cans seriously found them.

So what should I do?

Can someone send me the discs?

Can I re-install windows and the drivers separately?

Is there nothing to do?

Thx for any help!

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Imax,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

Your VGN-A379XP has a hidden hard drive recovery partition, by following this guide you can create a set of recovery disc's.

Once the recovery disc's are created you can the Restore your Vaio by following this guide..:smileyhappy:

You can also use the guides above to create recovery disc's for your TX2XP as well..:smileywink:

iMAX
Visitor

I opened the recovery utility. And saw an interesting option!

Is it possible to recover both c and d from disk? It was an option but I don’t know if I dare to try it!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Careful iMAX,

Recovering the D:\ drive will just format it and ALL data will be lost !!

:wink:

iMAX
Visitor

thats the full point of it! i whant to totaly clear my harddrive and set the computer to "new arrival" mode ;D

Anyone who have tried to recover from disk?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

In that case you want the Third Option - Complete Recovery (the bottom one).

This will return your Vaio to its factory defaults - just as it was when you bought it.

iMAX
Visitor

or maby i shuld just go with the discs... what do you think?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You will get exactly the same options if you use the discs as you get with the Recovery Utility.

You will also get exactly the same results - it makes no difference which you use.

If you have not yet done so, I would make two copies of the Recovery Discs to fall back on if there are any problems - even if you are going to use the Recovery Utility.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi iMAX,

It may be a good idea to use the disc's to recovery your vaio as this would test that they disc's work ok..:smileywink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Totally agree with Thalamus, then you know if you've got a good copy.