Join now - be part of our community!

Low battery life

AdyBH
Visitor

Low battery life

Hi there,

I've been reading through previous posts about battery life and I am experiencing the same problem. I have a VAIO K115B and the battery appears to fine but still after being fully charged the battery runs for about an hour tops, even with the screen brightness on the lowest setting.

Do VAIO's ship with low-end batteries as default? Can I buy a better quality battery for my VAIO? I must admit after purchasing my VAIO I am no longer a fan of Sony - it just seems so daft having a laptop that doesn't run for very long on battery power - it seems to defeat the object in having a laptop in the first place!

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_GB.title
1234567ty
Visitor

The reason why i have my laptop is because it is space saving for school. I do not use the battery an awful lot. One way to increase the battery life is to take the battery out when the laptop is on the mains. Also, fully decharge it before charging it.

tellingd
Visitor

I have a VAIO K115B and the battery appears to fine but still after being fully charged the battery runs for about an hour tops, even with the screen brightness on the lowest setting.  

I am not familiar with your model of machine so can you tell us what processor is in it? An hour with the screen dimmed seems a little short.:smileysad:

kee-lo_

Sounds to me like a desktop P4.

AdyBH
Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It's a celeron 2.8 Ghz.

Thanks,

Ady 🙂

kee-lo_

Do you have Powerpannel installed?

AdyBH
Visitor

I'm not 100% certain what Powerpanel is. I have Sony VAIO power management installed.

tellingd
Visitor

That's the chap :slight_smile:

If your processor is NOT a 'Mobile' chip then it will always be running at full clock speed (temperature etc permitting). If you are more interested in mobility then you should have chosen a machine with such a processor - or even better, a centrino chip.

Your laptop is really a desktop replacement with the advantage that it is smaller and you can use it away from the mains for short periods of time.

kee-lo_

I'm not 100% certain what Powerpanel is.  I have Sony VAIO power management installed.

Check your settings in the power management program.