Join now - be part of our community!

Memory Stick Duo Pro 8gb

GRohnePunkte
Visitor

Memory Stick Duo Pro 8gb

My Vaio PCV-RS502 memory sticks drive can read any memory sticks duo pro up to 4gb (with adapter), but as soon as I enter one of the new 8gb sticks it asks me to format that memory stick although I definitely know that there are correct data stored in it since I had used it for filming in a SONY camera. Obviously that drive cannot read any 8gb sticks. Does there any firmware update exist and what's its name and how and where do I get it for being able to read the memory sticks in my memorystick drive ?

Thanks for your answers.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi GRohnePunkte and welcome.

Try this firmware update: -

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB/DOWNLOADS/YE/F/MCC/

INSTRUCTIONS: -

Firmware Update for MemoryCard version 5.00

This Firmware update will solve following problems :
- 8GB Memory Stick Read & Write improvement

IMPORTANT NOTES: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Do not shutdown the unit while the Firmware update procedure is in progress.
Do not stop the Firmware update procedure while in progress.
Not following any of the above, could severely damage your system !!

Download and Upgrade instructions
1. Download the file "YEFMCC-01414900-UN.exe" to a download folder.
2. Close all applications.
3. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click "YEFMCC-01414900-UN.exe" to launch it.
4. The Firmware Upgrade Utility will start automatically after extraction process.
5. A screen will appear : 1 target device(s) is found. Do you want to upgrade all drives ?
6. Click the Yes button. This will start the upgrade process.
7. When the process ends a screen will appear : Upgrade operation is completed.
8. Click the OK button to finish.

:wink:

GRohnePunkte
Visitor

Many thanks for your quick reply. I just downloaded the file but when I start it says: "the memory card reader cannot be found or the update is not for this system, try again".
I did carefully follow all your instructions and I know what I am doing. :slight_smile:
probably there must be a different firmware upgrade file for my Vaio Desktop ?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sorry, my fault. There is not a specific firmware update for your model. I hoped that the one for the RC-Series may work as it seems to be the only one available.

There must be an update somewhere - I'll have a look for you when I get a bit of time!!!

However, this knowledgebase page does not look like your model will be compatible!!

VAIO-Link Knowledgebase Article

:slight_frown: