Join now - be part of our community!

Memory Stick Icon

amoraj
New

Memory Stick Icon

Hi, I want know why teh Memory Stick Icon in My PC is the icon of a object unknow. Th Memory Stick slot work rigth, but the icon It is not the appropriate one. Excuse my defective English. I need help. Thanks, Angel

7 REPLIES 7
William
Visitor

Have you reassigned any drive letters so that the memory stick drive letter has changed?

amoraj
New

Thank you for the response. Not, the icon show like that initially after installing the original controllers to him of sony. Format the computer and volvi to installing them, but initially already the icon appears this way. Excuses again by my English poor. I am Spanish and I thought that the English was the best form of communication. Thank you very much for your interest. A greeting, Angel

William
Visitor

Check out this post:

It may be as simple as SNYMSICO.DLL is missing from the Windows directory.

and look in Vaio Link for any updates for the memory stick reader, which may put this .DLL file there for you:

VAIO LINK

If you still want this file after trying the above contact me via "Contact Me" from my website (link below) and I will gladly email it to you.

And don't worry, your English is much better than my Spanish :smileygrin:

William
Visitor

Contact me as I mentioned in my earlier post and I will email the SNYMSICO.DLL to you.

Put the file in C:WINDOWS and it may cure your problem.

amoraj
New

Thaks William, you have a e-mail. A greeting,
Angel

amoraj
New

William, thank you very much. The problem has been solved and the icon now is the correct one. Thank you and a cordial greeting,

Angel

William
Visitor

I am very pleased that it was succesful and relatively simple to mend.

Thank you for taking the time to let us all know the successful outcome.

A cordial gretting to you too. :slight_smile: