Join now - be part of our community!

Memory Stick

Josh-2552
Visitor

Memory Stick

fs415e. i'm wondering about the magic gate on my laptop. it's compatable with MemoryStick Duo, and MemoryStick PRO, but i do not know about MemoryStick PRO Duo.

please let me know as it will affect my future purchase of a digital camera.

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.de_BE.title
stephanius
Visitor

It is compatible with Memorystick Pro Duo.

Pro is the 2nd generation Memorystick, all Memorysticks with a capacity of more than 128MB are Pro and require a Pro reader/writer to function.
Duo indicates the smaller Memorystick physical form factor.

Josh-2552
Visitor

ok, thanks :smileygrin:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Pro Duo just means you'll need the adaptor for it, as long as it works with Pro it will read Duo

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Whats a memory stick? LOL

Josh-2552
Visitor

my laptop specs say it (the built in drive) is compatible with memory stick pro, and memory stick duo. so basically, are you saying that i'll need an adapter for memory stick pro duo, and that it will not fit the built in port thing.

from the pictures, it look as though memory stick pro duo are the same size as duo, so surely they will fit?

thanks

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

They are different.
The pro is longer.
Do NOT shove a pro duo in the slot -you'll have a hell of a job ever getting it out again.

kee-lo_

All you do is buy an adaptor, they're aound £5, and you put your pro duo into that, then it fits in the drive like any MS

Josh-2552
Visitor

oh right, i see. i'll probably just buy a duo if they are not too small (storage); it's only for the phone i'm getting

kee-lo_

Don't all Duos need the adaptor?