Join now - be part of our community!

Memory Stick

Josh-2552
Visitor

Memory Stick

fs415e. i'm wondering about the magic gate on my laptop. it's compatable with MemoryStick Duo, and MemoryStick PRO, but i do not know about MemoryStick PRO Duo.

please let me know as it will affect my future purchase of a digital camera.

15 REPLIES 15
Josh-2552
Visitor

well the phone ime getting is compatible with duo and pro duo, so i am assuming they are the same size -i know pro are longer and can contain more, but i think pro duo are the size of duo with the capacity of pro.

anyway, my laptop has a port for duo and pro, so i was just trying to verify whether an adapter was necesary for direct plugging in of pro duo.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah you're right, they're the same size

Josh-2552
Visitor

cool, cheers

BartK
Visitor

Dudes, don't want to be annoying or anything, but there are MS slots that can take the duo and the normal MS directly in them, no need for an adaptor. Naturally this is not the case for ALL MS slots on all Vaio's but there are some that can.
The easyest way to test is by gantly putting the duo stick in the slot. If you don't feel a resistance half way the MS duo then it probably cannot take it direclty and you need to get the adaptor.
No need to test on Vaio's older then 1 year though, they probalby don;t have this feature. :smileygrin:

For thos who don't know : the Duo is basically a MS of half the size, but is for the rest a normal MS. The adaptor allows you to put the Duo in and make it a normal size MS. Duo's are used on SE phones, PSP, Camera's etc becasue they are more compact for usage in portable devices.

Josh-2552
Visitor

ye, ime sure that if it takes duo and pro, which is what the specs say, then itll take produo. the onlyt issue would be drivers, but i can always borrow/buy one and see

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah I have an old VAIO