Join now - be part of our community!

Memory sticks

Stubsee
New

Memory sticks

Hello..I am trying to use a memory stick 4GB on my sony vaio and it's not showing in the my computer list when it's inserted..therefore I am unable to save data on it 😞 can anyone advise please! Much appreciated!! Claire.
5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Claire and welcome.

Can you tell us the type of Memory Stick - it will be written on it.

Please also tell us which Sony Vaio model you have and what version of windows it is running.

Thanks

:thinking:

Stubsee
New

Hello,

Thank you so much for coming back to me :slight_smile: 

My sony is VPCEE2E1E and the stick is a HP Flash Drive v125w 

Please let me know if you need anything else...and this will be a life saver!! :slight_smile: 

Claire. 

Stubsee
New

This is probably a really ditsy comment yet how do I find out which version of windows I am running? :thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Your Vaio was sold with Windows 7 installed and your HP memory stick should work OK.

Have you used it before?

Where are you looking for the drive to show up on your computer?  Try plugging it in, right-click on the START icon and choose 'Explore'.  Scroll down in the 'Folder' box to the bottom.  Does your HP Drive show above 'Network' and below 'Windows'?

:thinking:

Stubsee
New

No..it is not showing up at all and then I am not sure how to access it to save files on it 😞 I haven't used this one before yet I did have this issue before with a stick 😞 

Thanks for your help...it's really appreciated :))