Join now - be part of our community!

Memory Upgrade PVC-RS322E

Hedgehog
Visitor

Memory Upgrade PVC-RS322E

Hi All, I want to upgrade my memory from 512Mb t0 1024 Mb. I have currently got 2x 256Mb installed which came with the pc when I bought it. I have 4 slots in total, two with the current memory in and two empty slots. Can I just add 512 Mb of RAM to one of the empty slots or do I have to buy another 2x 256Mb and install in the two empty slots? I read somewhere that you have to do it that way but I don't understand why? Seems alot more expensive to do it that way. Also, on the Sony website it says that I heed DDR 400 memory - but when I look for it on different websites it talks about numbers of pins, like 184 pin etc. How do I know how many pins my memory has?I'd appreciate any help please!

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Hedgehog,

Your RS322e has 4 memory slots, and it states on Crucial's site that they are banks of 1 which means you can add 1 module at a time.. but although the memory can be installed one module at a time, the best performance comes from using matched pairs of modules..

If you decide to upgrade your RAM here is a guide on the procedure.. :wink:

Hedgehog
Visitor

Hi, thank you very much!! :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome.. :slight_smile:

chris_lewis
Visitor

I have done the very same, although I went to Kingston for my chips :cool:

My 322 with 1.5 gig of ram performs pretty well imo, for a 3 yr old PC it aint at all bad :slight_smile: