Join now - be part of our community!

MESSAGE TO SONY !

brewster
Visitor

MESSAGE TO SONY !

SONY....make a new firmware update and listen to USERS!!!

Make folders with real name!
Make folders preview!
Make resume function!
Make faster picture display!
Make zoom function!
Make index view!

MAKE IT NOW !!!!

thanks nemo 66, I agree at 100%

36 REPLIES 36
kadafi
Visitor

things that should be added/improved:

+ video playback (it has a great collor screen like ipod but no video playback ?)
+ speed (i'll bet that the DRM shit slow the player down)
+ play songs by artist (i have like 5000 songs when i select 'artist'
and go to the artist that i want i dont get a list of all the songs of the artist but i go to the directory where the artist is stored witch btw contains 300 songs or more. happy scrolling)
+ Pictures copied from digital camera looks fuzzy on the vaio (used a sony cam)
+ Connection between camera is slooooow batteries are draining

if u people 'sony' want to sell alot of this product
then the best advertising is from people 2 people
and i paid 400¿ for my vaio, not much people here wanna buy
a pocket vaio compared with the price and its functions

ur 1st mistake was using ur own atrac format instead of mp3
ok u fixed that with firmware but why in the name of god did u do that ??
protection against illegal music ??
nothing can stop piracy nothing !!
microsoft tried it, and still trying to stop it for years !!

the vaio pocket has much more to offer, and u can get money out of it

About the fuzzy pics copied from a camera, I used to have the same problem but there's actually a touch button when you open the picture application to make the pics CRYSTAL CLEAR, and full size, or smaller and somewhat fuzzy.

As for play by artist I thought that option was there already? Clicking an artist will give you a list of albums (for the artist) and as long you know what song is locaated in which album, locating it should be cake..

The speed is OK imo, it's much faster than the previous firmware, and there weren't too many complaints then.. just check the boot-up times!

I think the screen's a bit small to sit through 2hrs plus of scarface.. otherwise movie playback would have been a nice touch.. but let's not forget this is a jukebox, not a PMP

ATRAC is an excellent format, MP3 playback has now been included.. it can be improved, but why all the fuss!? EVERYONE must have known the Sony proprietory format issues before getting pocket vaio..

As for the Camera connection issue, I must admit it is sloww.. the bottleneck's the firmware protocol used.. in theory it should be a lot quicker, since t's USB 2.0 to USB 2.0, but Sony optimised the transfers for PC only rather than external devices.. I'm almost certain they'll fix this in the next firmware.

The dock' also feels cheap wrt Sony's standard (and the amts we paid!) but I doubt they'll be sending out new ones so we'll just have to live with it I'm afraid...
Overall I :slight_frown:

Overall, I am keen on a new firmware release.. hopefully Sony will address everyone's complaints by then, esp. the one regarding FULL MP3 support...

nemo66
Visitor

SONY....
:smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin:

We are waiting for an ANSWER!
ACT NOW!
:wink:

kadafi
Visitor

an integrated feature in sonic stage to add lyrics is something I'm sure everyone wants, and since the vaiopocket now "supports mp3s", having a windows media plug-in shouldn't be impossible for people that can make a toy dog walk on it's 2 front legs!! :devil:

ivan-d
Visitor

One more thing- very important!! overall i'm impressed and very happy with my vaio, its SONICSTAGE that ticks me off, please, please, please, scrap the whole thing or at least rework it! as has been mentioned here before, it was originally developed for and md, with like 75 minutes music, it can't handle thousands of songs, physically or esthetically!
SONY HERE OUR CRIES!

nemo66
Visitor

ivan-d :smileygrin:

U sound really scarry....like "PERESTROIKA" :smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin:

ivan-d
Visitor

nemo

hehe, i always thought that perestroika was a good thing! so sony should learn! :wink:

Elkingti
Visitor

There is anyone in this forum that have some ¿power¿ in Sony ?
I don¿t think so. It is one more forum¿ of complains and no answers.
And this forum is from Sony, lol lol lol

Tzortzie
Visitor

Well I have to agree with the most of you. The firmware update wasn¿t the best ever. I, for instance, have music under the same artist but with different genre and when I go to pick lets say by genre it gives the artist, but also puts all the music made by the artist not only the genre I¿ve picked. What I have to propose is that the new firmware works with more trees one for each search. This way it would be easier to broaden ones search.

fRaG_DaX
Visitor

SONY PLEASE DISMISS THE GUYS WHO PROGRAMMED SONY STAGE. NOW!! -.-

(AND DON'T FORGET YOUR CUSTOMERS! MAKE A NEW, BETTER, SOFTWARE....)

nemo66
Visitor

"SONY".....we are all still waiting......