Join now - be part of our community!

Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 1 not updating error 078F

SIASH
Visitor

Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 1 not updating error 078F

I have a preinstalled 2007 Office package and my windows update picked up the new service pack 1 update, but try as I can to install it, it won't. Microsoft have said on their forum it is not a service pack problem, just wondered if anyone else had encountered the same problem?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi SIASH

I quickly googled and found this..

It also looks like inserting a CD - any CD, doesn't matter what's on it - in your CD drive while you install Service Pack 1 bypasses the 078F error message.

I doubt it will work but hey it's go to be worth a go.. :smileygrin:

SIASH
Visitor

Hi, Thalamus, you were right I put an Arcade Fire CD in and the update was not installed!!
seems I'm not the only one with these problems!! Will have to wait and see what transpires!
As I have a preinstalled version on my VGN FZ11M with no disks supplied, everything was just on a protected part of my hard drive if I want to do a recovery, I simply just can't uninstall, then install the SP1 and then Office 2007 as some sites recommend. I guess that's the beauty of OEM software, you get nothing!!

Cheers SIASH

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi, Thalamus, you were right I put an Arcade Fire CD in and the update was not installed!!

LOL I did think it was a strange suggestion..

Hopefully Microsoft will release a fix soon..