Join now - be part of our community!

Microsoft office 2010 activate problem on new Sony Vaio laptop

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Samitvaio
Visitor

Microsoft office 2010 activate problem on new Sony Vaio laptop

Dear,

I've purchased  a new sony vaio laptop model name:vpceb2moe and trying to activate Microsoft Office 2010 by using the product key written in the label sticked on the bottom on it but showing " Invalid product key".Please help how to activate?????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The version of Office installed on your Vaio is Microsoft Office Starter 2010 and is a basic version of Office 2010 without Powerpoint and without the advanced features of Word and Excel.

It is already activated and cannot be registered as it is not a full product.  It is being loaded onto new PCs to replace Microsoft Works but I guess it will annoyingly try to get you to activate the full version of Office 2010 at every opportunity.

To activate the fully featured version needs you to buy a product card with the activation code included.

To use most features of Office you need do nothing as it is already activated.  If you want the full version you must buy an upgrade.

http://www.microsoft.com/oem/en/products/office/pages/office_2010_starter.aspx

The Product Code on the bottom of the Vaio is for the Sony Operating System only.

:wink:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The version of Office installed on your Vaio is Microsoft Office Starter 2010 and is a basic version of Office 2010 without Powerpoint and without the advanced features of Word and Excel.

It is already activated and cannot be registered as it is not a full product.  It is being loaded onto new PCs to replace Microsoft Works but I guess it will annoyingly try to get you to activate the full version of Office 2010 at every opportunity.

To activate the fully featured version needs you to buy a product card with the activation code included.

To use most features of Office you need do nothing as it is already activated.  If you want the full version you must buy an upgrade.

http://www.microsoft.com/oem/en/products/office/pages/office_2010_starter.aspx

The Product Code on the bottom of the Vaio is for the Sony Operating System only.

profile.country.el_GR.title
kausara99
Visitor

Please iam using microsoft office starter 2010, now need to activate the office 2010 but i dont have the product key, can you assist me with the product key inorder to activate the office 2010.Or how do i down load it from the internet,or can you sen the office 2010 to me.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You need to purchase the Upgrade from Microsoft and they will then give you the Product Key.

In Word Starter or Excel Starter, on the Home tab, click Purchase,

Button image

and then click 'Buy Microsoft Office'.  Follow instructions on the Web page for purchasing an Office product.

lyndagrace
Explorer

My microsoft office starter 2010 is no longer working I have removed. How do I re install?