Join now - be part of our community!

Missing myclubvaio.exe

pablo2340
Visitor

Missing myclubvaio.exe

Hi!
I seem to have lost the file myclubvaio.exe, so now I cannot access MyClubVAIO on my Vaio PC. Is there anywhere I can download a copy? Any help as to how it came to disappear?

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.en_GB.title
@5528097000005097
Visitor

Hi Pablo2340

Welcome to Club Vaio

This has happened to me twice, there is still a link to Club Vaio in your favourites folder (C: Documents and Settings, "your name")
Right click on it, select "send to" then "desktop(create shortcut)"

Programs like CCleaner, Advanced Windows Care or some other registry cleaner are likely culprits, so always back up the reg settings when prompted, before you run the cleaner.

Don't know about getting the original .exe back, I had to make do with the shortcut until I did a system recovery due to...you guessed it...a registry problem!

pablo2340
Visitor

Thanks, Redstring.
I managed to get the "Documentation" shortcut working, but still have not been able to get back to the MyClubVAIO exe file...
Thanks anyway.

@5528097000005097
Visitor

You're welcome, pablo2340 :slight_smile:

pablo2340
Visitor

I have now discovered what happened to my file myclubvaio.exe, through reading a forum post in Italian on the very same subject (fortunately I can read Italian): my AVG Antivirus program detected a Trojan Horse in the file and bunged it in the Virus Vault!!! I have restored it, but I suspect that AVG will do the same again next time it scans my computer. Is there really a Trojan Horse in the execute file? If so, can Sony fix this, please? If there is not, how can I let AVG know to leave it alone?
:smileygrin:

@5528097000005097
Visitor

It should all be ok now, there was text in the file similar to a virus which AVG flagged. This has since been sorted, but if you have further trouble, you can configure AVG to ignore it as it is completely harmless.

pablo2340
Visitor

Yes, it does seem to be sorted now. Thank you.

profile.country.GB.title
drdratsony
Explorer

I hate to say this but I have the same trouble. The file MyClubVaio.exe is not anywhere on my pc, not even in the AntiVirus quarantine file. It went after completing the first update. The link leads to a shortcut (itself in fact) and there is nothing there.
Any chance of copying that exe and sending it to me
Thanks

ocommane
Visitor

I hate to say this but I have the same trouble. The file MyClubVaio.exe is not anywhere on my pc, not even in the AntiVirus quarantine file. It went after  completing the first update. The link leads to a shortcut (itself in fact) and there is nothing there.
Any chance of copying that exe and sending it to me
Thanks

Same problem I think, I movd country so had the XL302 in a box for a while, I plug it back in, it downloads an update and now on restart it attempts to load the flash ClubVaio but nothing is there. I can't find a file called MyClubVaio.exe, could ths be what is causing the problem/
Any solution

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi ocommane,

have you tried installing the My Club VAIO patch, it's available HERE