Join now - be part of our community!

Missing myclubvaio.exe

pablo2340
Visitor

Missing myclubvaio.exe

Hi!
I seem to have lost the file myclubvaio.exe, so now I cannot access MyClubVAIO on my Vaio PC. Is there anywhere I can download a copy? Any help as to how it came to disappear?

15 REPLIES 15
ocommane
Visitor

If I go to
C:\Program Files\Sony\MyClubVAIO
There is only a shortcut in there, should there be a programme/
For some reason the question mark won't work
Remember its a Vista machine

ocommane
Visitor

Hi ocommane,

have you tried installing the My Club VAIO patch, it's available HERE

Trying it now

profile.country.GB.title
drdratsony
Explorer

Thalamus
Applied the download - but it is still the same. Just a blank box.
Any other suggestions?

profile.country.GB.title
drdratsony
Explorer

Well I have downloaded all the updates and patches to no avail, I still have no myclubvaio.exe. I am really frustrated about it as I have a nice new laptop but am unable to get the best out of it since I cannot access the documentation tutorials etc.
I did do a recovery disk when I first purchased the machine, I am nervous about using it but if I do will I find myclubvaio.exe on it?
Alternatively can someone please attach a copy?
It seems that this is a common problem and sounds as though it should be easy to resolve, so can someone help please?
Thanks

kpiatek
Visitor

Hi ocommane,

have you tried installing the My Club VAIO patch, it's available HERE

Trying it now

Yes I did it but it didn't help. I'm still getting the same empty clubvaio window. Under program files in sonyclubvaio folder there is just shortcut but not .exe.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi ocommane, PamelaR & kpiatek..

Have you tried a system restore to a point before you installed the My Club VAIO patch version 1.0..

Unfortunately, as we have seen before in the past, sometimes the only way to resolve the problem is to run the Vaio recovery utility and restore your Vaio back to the original factory settings.. :slight_frown:

If you decide to do this make sure you back up all your important data first.. :wink: