Join now - be part of our community!

motion eye and msn

mp20001
Visitor

motion eye and msn

i have a fw11m vaio , with motion eye running vista home ...bought it last week ...cant get motion eye webcamto work with msn messenger live ? can anyone help me please ...keeps saying being used by another program

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi mp20001.

Welcome to Club Vaio.

This seems to be a common problem at present and we have asked Sony to look at it. However, don't let this stop you phoning Sony Support to let them know the extent of this problem.

This seems to happen only with MSN. You could try reinstalling MSN with the latest release and see if that helps and make sure you only have one version installed.

It may also be worth looking at what gets run at start up to see if anything runs automatically that may grab the camera like Skype or Yahoo.

Type msconfig into the run box and press enter. Choose the Startup Tab in the window that opens. See if a likely culprit is in the list - if something like Skype is there, then disable automatic startup and see if that helps.

Sorry I can't give a magic answer. I hope someone solves this problem soon.

:slight_frown:

VAIOWoman
Visitor

:rose: Hi, Me thinks for sure it is a problem with the latest Live Messenger itself as everyone I know including myself has the same error message! My pals got rid of their VAIO's and all have different manufacturers so we are not alone! :smileyalien_1: :rose:

VAIOWoman
Visitor

:rose: Matter of interest, just ran [full] Safety Scanner from the following Windows link and it has fixed the problem: http://onecare.live.com/site/en-US/default.htm XP or Vista, I use Vista! May work for you too? :rose:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks for the info VAIOWoman perhaps some other members can test this..