Join now - be part of our community!

Motion eye camera problems FE41M

Freako
Visitor

Motion eye camera problems FE41M

Hi there all S vaio people, its my first post here....

Im having trouble with the motion eye camera on my new Sony Vaio VGN-FE41m Vista OS laptop.
One day it was working, then the next day it stopped working, with a notification stating the camera is being used by some other program.
It seem to do this once i installed msn live. :thinking:
I did restart once, and the vaio rolled back to a restore point and the camera started working again, then i had the confliction again and it stopped working. :laughing:
Ive searched these forums and i see this problem with the built in motion eye camera is quite popular on a few other sony notebooks. :thinking:

Ive read quite a few post regarding this problem here but, i don't seem to find the solution/answer in the posts ive read.

If there is a fix or someone has actualy got a cure or the remmedy for this "the camera is being used by another program" problem, could you post a straight answer please.

Regards to you all :slight_smile:

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Freako and welcome to Club Vaio.

This seems to be a Vista Driver problem and we are waiting for an update from Sony. It seems most people with Vista have the same problem.

Have a look HERE

:thinking:

Freako
Visitor

Hi Freako and welcome to Club Vaio.

This seems to be a Vista Driver problem and we are waiting for an update from Sony. It seems most people with Vista have the same problem.

Have a look HERE

:thinking:

Hi Blencogo and thanks for the welcome!

Yeah.... those are some of the threads ive been reading but it still looks like there is no fix to this problem at the moment. :thinking:

The only way it worked for me after it first happened is, i hit a restore point, but even after that the same problem hit me again.

Elliet
Visitor

Hi Freako

Yes this motion eye problem with vista seems quite common.

I have the exact same problemm as you on the VGN-FE41E. I was recommended to download

the VAIO Camera Capture Utility update but still no joy..

Looks like we have to just sit tight until Sony publish a fix!

Hope it's not too long...

Regards
Ellie t