Join now - be part of our community!

motion eye camera problems

auffreto
Visitor

motion eye camera problems

Hi.
I have a new VAIO with vista, and I am having problems with the camera. It keeps saying that there is another program using the device, when I can't think of what it could be. I have windows live messenger and skype, and I can imagine that they may conflict a bit, but even with messenger closed, the problem still occurs. I just don't know what is wrong, or how I can find which program is apparently using it, and how I can stop it..

thanks
Ali

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Ali,

Welcome to Club vaio, :slight_smile:

There has been several posts about camera problems and Vista and this has been reported to Sony. Here is another thread on Camera problems.. :slight_frown:

Andreas79
Visitor

Hi,

I have the same problem with a new VAIO FE41S here. It worked well until yesterday, used it for Skype. But since then I am getting the recurring message that another program may be using the web-cam. I definitely have nothing else running.

Does Sony provide any updates to download in order to solve the problem? Has it been like that in the past?

Thanks
Andreas

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Andreas

Have you installed the latest VAIO Camera Capture Utility update for your vaio..?