Join now - be part of our community!

mouse problems

subtrix
Visitor

mouse problems

Help please... i have a fe31h it was all fine on sunday but i have turned it on today and my touch pad is not working correctly... i can get it to move for about 4 seconds then it freezes and wont do nothing for about 30 seconds... then when you click the button for it workes again but the same happens :S also when it dose work if i keep my finger still it jumps about all over the place.... :S i'm sooo confused

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Welcome to the club

Use the touchpad to do a system restore. Start>accessories>system tools>system restore to a time before the mouse became unbound and try another mouse to test scanning for viruses. :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi subtrix and welcome to the forum.

You could also check Device Manager to see whether it is reporting a Pointing Device or a PS/2 mouse. If the latter you need to update the driver.

If you are unsure of the location of the pointing device driver then download the pre-installed drivers for your model from Vaio Link and extract the ‘Pointing’ folder to a known location (eg C:\Drivers\Pointing).

Then:

Try updating the driver for the pointing device in Device Manager (Right click My Computer Icon > Properties > on the Hardware tab click Device Manager).

Locate Mice and Other Pointing Devices and expand. You should see a pointing device listed or possibly a PS/2 mouse > right click this and select ‘Update Driver’. On the next window select ‘No, not this time’ and click Next. On the following window select ‘Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) > click next.

You then have two options - ‘Search for the best driver in theses locations’ > browse to the location of the extracted file to included it in the search and click next.

If that is not accepted as the correct driver then go back and select ‘Don’t search. I will choose the driver to install.’ And click Next.

Hopefully you will see the correct hardware listed, but if not then click ‘Have Disk’ and again browse to the location of the extracted folder.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat