Join now - be part of our community!

My experience with Vista and SZ1XP/C

Naujoks
Visitor

My experience with Vista and SZ1XP/C

I installed Vista Business edition on my SZ1XP/C. I was very much impressed with how many things worked straight "out of the box". In particular graphics (both cards), WiFi, bluetooth.
Since that post of someone who gave me a link to the touchpad driver that's working as well. Only thing missing are non essential things like the camera and function keys. All in all the computer is in a very workable state indeed. Games run well too (Half Life 2 at least). Well done, Microsoft!

5 REPLIES 5
Resonate
Visitor

I installed Vista Business edition on my SZ1XP/C. I was very much impressed with how many things worked straight "out of the box". In particular graphics (both cards), WiFi, bluetooth. 
Since that post of someone who gave me a link to the touchpad driver that's working as well. Only thing missing are non essential things like the camera and function keys. All in all the computer is in a very workable state indeed. Games run well too (Half Life 2 at least). Well done, Microsoft!

The drivers for your camera will be here before middle of feb so you shouldn't have to long to wait

selacoste
Visitor

Hi,

This is excellent news as I'm also looking forward installing Vista on my SZ1.
Are you able to use the fingerprint scanner and is Protector Suite available ?

Thanks,

Resonate
Visitor

Hi,

This is excellent news as I'm also looking forward installing Vista on my SZ1.
Are you able to use the fingerprint scanner and is Protector Suite available ?

Thanks,

I don't know for certain, However the official Sony VAIO Drivers will be released second half of Febuary to which you will be able to download them from your VAIO Update tool :wink:

Naujoks
Visitor

No, cam and fingerprint not working yet.
Oh, but did I mention that performance of the Aero surface even when using the Intel graphics chipset is no problem? I'll love that machine even more now! Every now and then, when nobody's watching, i give it a little kiss.

Resonate
Visitor

Every now and then, when nobody's watching, i give it a little kiss.

Lets hope that's all you keep it to. :laughing:
I no what you mean though Windows Flip 3D Engine is Awsome i been running VISTA the day the Beta came out, Its already fully installed on the Dell XPS but im leaving my VAIO as it is with the Vista Transformation Pack