Join now - be part of our community!

My external monitor is blurry when connected to Vaio

profile.country.ro_GB.title
junglesnail
Visitor

My external monitor is blurry when connected to Vaio

Hi,

Yesterday i connected a 19" external monitor to my VPCEB2Z1E/BQ Vaio through VGA. Everything on the external monitor looks blurry. I googled the problem, but didn't find any successful fix for this.

I also tried disconnecting the Vaio display, thinking that there may be a resolution problem ( the 19'' isn't widescreen) but no result.

I tried everything from changing settings in Catalyst Control Center to the ClearType text utility. Nothing works.   I was going to buy a new 24'' widescreen for my laptop, good thing i tried this first.

The monitor doesn't have any problems, i work with it everyday on my desktop computer and it's clearer than day light.

Please give me the solution for this problem.

thanks ,

Dan

anblur
Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.sv_SE.title
lukasmattsson
Visitor

I had the same problem with my VPCF12M1E. It worked fine with an external monitor on my office, but was blurry on one I have at home. Both were 19 inches, 1280*1024. Standard google answers like refresh rate and cleartype settings didn't help at all. The sollution was to install the latest graphics driver from Nvidia.com instead of relying on the preinstalled one.

Hope this helps.

profile.country.ro_GB.title
junglesnail
Visitor

Thank you, i will check if there is any update available for the graphic card. I'll  come back with my answer.

Thanks again