Join now - be part of our community!

My laptop Harddisk Crashed!!!!:(

montyp80
Visitor

My laptop Harddisk Crashed!!!!:(

Hey guys,

i kno this mst have happened to many of the ppl arnd here(n i really don wanna kno if i'm among da rare unlucky ones) Freakin harddisk crashed!!!! I still dont know if the data can be recovered from that, i have already given it to Data Recovery Centre, they are gonna lemme kno in few dayz....

Say data cannot be recoved from the harddisk, so Now, all i want to know is can i get my licenced Win XP back with the help of my recover disk whch wer supplied wiv da laptop? While going through the manual i came across this part which says that Recovery CDs supplied with the system, restores the factory default settings with the help of the 'HIDDEN PARTION' on the hard-drive to get back the original setting along with the OS. Alternatively i can make a 'Recovery Kit' for the information stored on that hidden partition and can use it in the case of system crash.

Now, if i havent made the 'Recovery Kit' and i'm only left with the 'Recovery Disk' supplied with the system(i kno i was a big fool nt makin dat Recovery Kit), the question remains HOW DO I GET MY LICENSED WIN XP BACK?!?!
Please please please tell me there is a solution for this.

Would really appreciate if you guys could help...

Cheerz!!!
Monty

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Monty,

It sounds like you will have to contact Sony for a set of the Recovery Discs.

As they will charge for this, can you let us know the following first: -

1. What model Vaio do you have?
2. Do you have a Microsoft License for your OS - it is usually stuck to the bottom of the Vaio. What Operating System is the license for and does this have a full License Key on it?

:thinking: