Join now - be part of our community!

My laptop wont switch on

JayG73
Explorer

My laptop wont switch on

Hi, ive just taken out my ram to use in another pc and now have put it back into my sony vaio laptop and it wont power up with no signs if life not even a charge light, Im just wondering is the a cut off switch or something i need to do to get the laptop working again as it only a few months old please help. also the ram is fine it works okay in another laptop. my laptop model is:  SVF1531C5E

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi JayG73,

Although not very well documented I believe the Vaio Fit has a hardware reset button. This will take the form of a pinhole on the underside that will need the end of a thin object such as a paperclip to activate.

Worth a try.....

Rich 

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
JayG73
Explorer

Hi thanks for advice,  i can not seem to find a pin hole on the bottom of the laptop but there is two on the top of the laptop. Maybe one of the is the reset?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi JayG73,

I doubt the reset button would be on the top of the machine. Maybe I am mistaken and this model doesn’t have a reset button. Can another member with a Vaio Fit confirm?

If no reset then battery should be removable. If so remove the battery and then hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Reattach battery and attempt to boot.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
JayG73
Explorer

Hi thanks again for the advice, ive tryed your last method without any joy, i carnt believe my computer has stopped working when ive simply took the ram out and put in back in again. Ive took the ram out of loads of laptops and this has never happened before, please help

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi JayG73,

I’m not quite sure what more I can offer as even a hard reset shouldn’t be necessary when fitting/changing memory modules.

I assume that you have disconnected all external devices before attempting to boot? Does anything happen if you press the ‘Assist’ button when fully shut down?

The only other suggestion is to try each single memory module on its own in each slot.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat