Join now - be part of our community!

My network has been hacked into and I dont know what to do

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
roorush
Visitor

My network has been hacked into and I dont know what to do

A few weeks ago , my computer crashed due to a virus as I'd forgotten to renew my Mcfee account. I lost pretty much all my files and pictures but I am not too bothered by that. Whats bothering me is since then my when I open a new tab in google I see all these websites that are still active or inactive that I did not go on, and I am having to keep the volume on mute because these adverts and audio music just start playing over whatever I am playing or listening to. It also runs slower or internet explorer will just shut down on its own. Dont know what to do apart from keeping it off for good now. PLEASE help. I dont even know if whoever is using my network can see everything I do including passwords into emails etc. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi roorush,

You could go through a lengthy process of virus detection and cleaning without a guaranteed satisfactory outcome.

Alternatively return your notebook to factory settings using your recovery media or tap F10 at boot when you see the Vaio logo to enter the HDD recovery utility. Be aware that this process will format the hard drive thus you will lose all personal data and third party software.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi roorush,

You could go through a lengthy process of virus detection and cleaning without a guaranteed satisfactory outcome.

Alternatively return your notebook to factory settings using your recovery media or tap F10 at boot when you see the Vaio logo to enter the HDD recovery utility. Be aware that this process will format the hard drive thus you will lose all personal data and third party software.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat