Join now - be part of our community!

My remote control has a mind of its own!

Speedbird223
Visitor

My remote control has a mind of its own!

I've had my VP since early December and in the last couple of days my remote has been going scroll crazy. I'll have the VP in my pocket and when I use it to back up onto the Album menu for example the thing scrolls by itself until I hit the 'back' button several times or try and make it go in the opposite direction that it stops.

Quite puzzling. Anyone had similar issues?

4 REPLIES 4
hldomster
Visitor

I've not encountered this. Maybe there is a problem witht the alignment of your buttons. Have you tried installing firmware updates?? Maybe this is the firmware updat, as it increases scroll speed. Further poroblems then contact VAIO link

Speedbird223
Visitor

Well I have put on firmware update on there a while back, but the last one I considered doing a few months ago was formatting peoples VPs and deicded it definietly wasn't worth it!

Besides, I got the impresion that the Sonic Stage updates for it at that time were nigh on unless..

hldomster
Visitor

Have you tried resetting the VP. This can be done by inserting a needle or pin into the small hole on the underside of the VP.

Speedbird223
Visitor

I hadn't thought to try that but I just have done and it seems to have worked :slight_smile:

Many thanks
Fraser