Join now - be part of our community!

My Vaio Pocket keeps on crashing!!! HELP!!

Robby41
Visitor

My Vaio Pocket keeps on crashing!!! HELP!!

I need some help my VP keeps on crashing when i press onto a song it also loads extremely slow especially when i am scrolling or even using sonic stage.
Is it because i have used up most of memory 19/20G.
I desperatly need some help becasue i am totaly unable to play anything as it crashing when i play them.

23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Is there no way to reboot the VP?

MadarbWoT
Visitor

um have you done all the updates and everything?
maybe that will sort things out.

it could be caused by the use of most resources but i cant see any way that this affects the playback!

try emailing sony...maybe they can help.

or visit a sony center near you.

samhiggs
Visitor

Sony Centers are pretty useless in my experience. One interesting fact about them is that they have nothing to do with Sony! they just sell a majority of their products. They're in fact a subsidiary of Sonex. You're most probably best to go directy through to the Sony Vaio helpline even though the service is pretty dire...

MadarbWoT
Visitor

yes you are right samhiggs...

but there is nothing else to propose as the problem our fellow has is deeper than most others mentioned in this forum...:smileysad:

DiabloVaio
Visitor

I recommend you to format and initialize your VP, then test it with a few tracks, and see if it's alright or not.
Then in case of further problems, post it here!
(I know it's a nightmare formatting 19GB music, but it's better than having a bulky piece of useless metal!)

MadarbWoT
Visitor

well he could do that diablovaio but imagine your vp getting formatted after so much time of transfering and making sure everything is ok...for 19GIGS!!!!

Robby41
Visitor

I am considering formating the device, but when you format it does the memory that you have formated simply stay used up?
I have formated it before and i lost 1G of memory or did i do something wrong?

DiabloVaio
Visitor

I am considering formating the device, but when you format it does the memory that you have formated simply stay used up?
I have formated it before and i lost 1G of memory or did i do something wrong?

You don't lose your HDD space.
1) When a music player has for example 20GB capacity, you have to bear in your mind that every mp3HDD GigaByte (GB) means just 1000 MegaBytes. But normal GB is 1024 MB, So if you add up "24 x 20" then we have 480 MB less than a real 20GB. It becomes worse in 40GB version, that means near 1 GB in AP1L !
2) The firmware and VP system files use some of the space, as well as keeping a bit for later! So you can't use that space as well.
In conclusion, VP has 1-3 GB less than what you expect. Don't worry about it because it's normal as is the same in every HDD player.

MadarbWoT
Visitor

if you format a disk it means that you erase everything on it except system files etc.

so normally you should have the space formatted,back.i cant understand why you lost a gig...maybe it was used by other files such as pics or anything else you have put on it!