Join now - be part of our community!

My Vaio Pocket keeps on crashing!!! HELP!!

Robby41
Visitor

My Vaio Pocket keeps on crashing!!! HELP!!

I need some help my VP keeps on crashing when i press onto a song it also loads extremely slow especially when i am scrolling or even using sonic stage.
Is it because i have used up most of memory 19/20G.
I desperatly need some help becasue i am totaly unable to play anything as it crashing when i play them.

23 REPLIES 23
Robby41
Visitor

um have you done all the updates and everything?
maybe that will sort things out.

it could be caused by the use of most resources but i cant see any way that this affects the playback!

try emailing sony...maybe they can help.

or visit a sony center near you.

Well, thats it i am going to give sony some grief, i made a 3 hours trip today and just after the 1st 5 mins of playing it, it crashed, now how annyoing is that!
Can someone tell me how to contact sony as i don't think formating the dam thing will make a difference.

MadarbWoT
Visitor

well thats just bad luck what can i say?im sorry for all the things you have to go through!

this is the vaio-link contact page i think you should be able to get to them through it!
http://www.vaio-link.com/contacts/contacts.asp?l=en

OneLove
Visitor

I have the same problem. The player works fine most of the time and only crashes when I play certain songs. I'm not sure what the problem is with these songs as they are fine when I play them through the PC or burn them to CD. Is this a common problem? It's completely ridiculous that I should have to wait for the battery to run down before I can use the device again. What are Sony playing at? I'm just wondering how frequently this sort of thing happens.

MadarbWoT
Visitor

maybe these tracks are corupted in some way...have you tried deleting and re-transfering them?
or maybe burn them on a cd and ripping them from it so you get a new file with the same song?

about the battery,you dont have to wait for it to discharge 100% to use it again...i thought of that myself but another topic showed me wrong as people in the forum found websites saying that its actually better to charge the battery more often!

Robby41
Visitor

I have the same problem.  The player works fine most of the time and only crashes when I play certain songs.  I'm not sure what the problem is with these songs as they are fine when I play them through the PC or burn them to CD.  Is this a common problem?  It's completely ridiculous that I should have to wait for the battery to run down before I can use the device again.  What are Sony playing at?  I'm just wondering how frequently this sort of thing happens.

Yep exactly the same problem as me, i amlitterly quite sick of waiting until the battery goes and i have to initailize the ouch pad and set the clock all again.
And no its deffinetly not due to the files its playing because i have numourisly repeatedly and retransfered tracks and it randonmly happend again, or sometime it does n't.
Thats why i am confident in sayign its the VP itsself not erronus files.
I play DJ sets on my VP some range from 45 mins to 3 hours long could this be the cause?

DiabloVaio
Visitor

I play DJ sets on my VP some range from 45 mins to 3 hours long could this be the cause?

Nope, because I have songs on my VP from less than 1 minute to more than 2 hours, and my VP plays all of them with no problem.

DiabloVaio
Visitor

Nope, because I have songs on my VP from less than 1 minute to more than 2 hours, and my VP plays all of them with no problem.

MadarbWoT
Visitor

sonce this is going nowhere id like to ask robby to state again his problem and what relates to it.

thanks

DiabloVaio
Visitor

*out of topic*

How can I delete my posts? I didn't find a button for that on forums :slight_frown:

MadarbWoT
Visitor

i doubt there is a way to do that diablo...
it would be nice to do that though!

why dont you try rephrasing them?[edit]