Join now - be part of our community!

My VGN-NW11S/S restarts frequently or frezzes!!

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
gautamawale
Visitor

My VGN-NW11S/S restarts frequently or frezzes!!

hello everyone!!

The problem in my vgn-nw11s is it restarts or freezes frequently. I have tried different steps to get rid of it but still i m having problems. following are the list that i already performed

- cleaned the fan and vents

-installed speedfan and check the temp of cpu and its below 50c.

- disabled auto restart so that i can get report but it didn't work.

-finally gone through the VAIO's hardware daigonistic tool and the result says CPU,MEMORY,HARD DISK all are OK..Also gone thorough windows memory diagonistic and says memory is working corretly..

Finally i completely restored my laptop to the factory settings and still my laptop restarts/freezees!!!

Can Anyone help me to get rid of this problem?? Thanks guys!! And i already ran out of warranty as well :smileysad:..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

gautamawale wrote:

ohh!! i have just noticed that whenever laptop moves either it freezes or it crashes...now i am sure it is hardware problem..have u got any idea what may be the faulty hardware??  i wish i can fix it myself than going to repairer..

In that case it is almost certainly a hardware problem and I think you are going to need to talk to a repairer.  The motherboard is the most likely culprit and I would get an estimate before you do anything as it could be expensive.  Alternatively, it could be a loose power connection.

Have a word with one of Sony's Service Partners near where you live for advice.  There is a list for the UK here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/contacts/asc.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-NW11S_T

:slight_frown:

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi gautamawale.

What do you mean by 'frequently'?  How often does it happen and what sort of things are you doing?

I take it that you do not get a blue screen with an error message - so it sounds like the whole system crashes.

Although this could be caused by software, the most likely cause is a hardware fault - perhaps a power failure or a motherboard fault.

Does it happen when you move the Vaio or its screen?

If it is hardware, you will need to contact a repairer.

gautamawale
Visitor

Thanks for reply

I mean after using 10 mins or even less than that it crashes..i normally use laptop for internet browsing..yes i dont get blue screen.

i dont think its a power failure because when i was doing recovery, the overall process took nearly 5 hour and within that time there wasnt any crash or freezing..

even i dont move my laptop it crashes..

as u said it may be the motherboard fault..

Really confused what to don next!!!

gautamawale
Visitor

ohh!! i have just noticed that whenever laptop moves either it freezes or it crashes...now i am sure it is hardware problem..have u got any idea what may be the faulty hardware??  i wish i can fix it myself than going to repairer..

anyways thanks and hope you will suggest something..

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

gautamawale wrote:

In that case it is almost certainly a hardware problem and I think you are going to need to talk to a repairer.  The motherboard is the most likely culprit and I would get an estimate before you do anything as it could be expensive.  Alternatively, it could be a loose power connection.

Have a word with one of Sony's Service Partners near where you live for advice.  There is a list for the UK here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/contacts/asc.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-NW11S_T

pctech33
Visitor

Hi,

Run a complete system virus scan and malware scan to check for any viruses or malware causing this behavior.

Do a complete system scan with Windows Malicious Software Removal tool and check for any malicious software present in your PC.

Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool to help remove specific prevalent malicious software from computers that are running Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows XP, or Windows 2000. After you download the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool, the tool runs one time to check your computer for infection by specific prevalent malicious software (including Blaster, Sasser, and Mydoom) and helps remove any infection it finds. Microsoft releases a new version of the tool every month.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-security/suspicious-executable-in-my-...

Life is too serious to be taken seriously http://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/text-smiley.png

Life is too serious to be taken seriously