Join now - be part of our community!

My Visio PCG-61112L Has A Big Problem...

profile.country.GB.title
420Roach69
New

My Visio PCG-61112L Has A Big Problem...

Recently there became an issue with a defective driver in my laptop(nvhda32.sys, which I believe is HDMI...?). I put the computer in driver verification mode to find the faulty driver noted above. After doing so, I attempted to turn off this mode using the CMD in saftey mode. After I put in the command: verifier /reset, it gave the response: No settings were changed. This computer is a straight piece of crap, so I expected something like this to happen. The computer is currently stuck in a never-ending loop of restarting and giving the ERR-MSG: DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION. I've tried several methods to resolve this issue, but to no avail. I tried doing a system reboot from a restore point but it said that the system reboot failed. If no one can find a solution to this problem, then it's no biggie because I am currently typing this message on my new laptop. I was just hoping that I could do something to my old computer and give it to sibling, sell it, etc. Any possible solutions may have to wait because my brother has dissected the computer in question to fix some internal problems.

Sincerely,

Not-So-Good Computer Dude

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

I would recommend getting in touch with the Sony Support team here for further help.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

What version of Windows is your Vaio using?

What is the correct model name - It will start VPCCW**** and should be shown somewhere on the laptop, usually on the screen surround.

As there seems to be a driver error, I would think the first thing to try is to reinstall the correct nVidia Graphics Drive in Safe Mode. See how to open in Safe Mode here:-

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/laptop-pc-vpc-series/vpccw1s1e/articles/00049655

You can download the driver from the Sony Support pages for your model. For example, here is the downloads page for the VPCCW1S1E:-

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/laptop-pc-vpc-series/vpccw1s1e/downloads

If this doesn't work, there may be a hardware problem with the graphics chip and a repair may be needed.