Join now - be part of our community!

Need a new Hard Drive for VGN-T1XP/L

Topdog
Visitor

Need a new Hard Drive for VGN-T1XP/L

The VGN-T1XP/L is fitted with a 40gb drive. I have virtually used this all up and my machine is running very slow. Nowadays there are plaenty of cheap high capacity drives around. Can I buy a higher capacity drive to fit into this machine, or better still, send it off to have one fitted as I am not that computer minded.

Any suggestions.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Topdog and welcome to Club Vaio.

Unfortunately your little T1 has a little 1.8 inch hard drive (like they use in iPods).

I think the biggest you can get is 60 GB (Hitachi HTC426060G9AT00) which costs about $200.

Try Google for 1.8 inch drives - the only one I can find quickly is in the USA AT MEMORYLABS.

:slight_frown:

Topdog
Visitor

Thanks for the information. It certainly is a neat little machine although my old eyes get a bit frustrated with it at times. I don't see a lot of point in paying so much out for just another 20mb. I already have a USB 180gb drive which cost less than this. Maybe I will transfer some redundant files over from the Vaio and then the existing hard drive should speed up. It is such a slow starter nowadays as the C drive is nearly full
Thanks again
David

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi David,

I'm afraid it's the price you pay for minaturisation !!!

I think many T-series users have come to the same conclusion as you have and gone for an external drive.

Have you tried downloading the free (for 30 days) version of Tune-Up Utilities and giving your Vaio a good spring clean of the hard disc and the Registry? Lots of junk accumulates over time which can slow your Vaio down and this is a fairly gentle program.

:thinking: