Join now - be part of our community!

Need a new laptop

donkeyoaty
Visitor

Need a new laptop

My K115m is starting to lose it's edge, having only a 64mb graphics card. A lot of the games I want to play exect a little more grunt. So the time is at last apon me to upgrade.

I have just gotten confused over which Vaio i should get!

I need it for:
1. 3d first person shooters.
2. 2d graphics work.

So a good graphics card and a fair amount of ram and a decent robustness, my k115m survived servral cups of coffe!

Any views as to which I should choose

Ps Price is as always a concern, but if this one lasts as long as my current ride I might be tempted to go the exta mile.....

5 REPLIES 5
outlando
Visitor

I wouldn't buy another VAIO if I were you. I've been having lots of trouble trying to upgrade the video drivers on my A617B to support newer games, it seems like you have to use Sony's updates because they have prevented you from using the video card manufacturer's ones.
Sony don't seem to produce updates to video drivers at all, which is really stupid.

I've only had my VAIO for a year, and I'm already thinking of replacing it for something which I can actually maintain and keep up to date.

danreed
Visitor

Donkyoaty,

I have an AR21s and love it. I use it for similar things that you use yours for and it performs well.

A brief spec is:-

Intel® Core ™2 Duo Processor T7200, Supports Enhanced Intel® SpeedStep® Technology
2048 of Memory
Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Drive
Serial ATA HDD (RAID supported) 2x100GB
17 inch X-black LCD with double lamp technology
NVIDIA GeForce® 7600 GT with 256MB Memory
Onboard wireless / bluetooth
Onboard TV Card

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Yeah I think that would be the one in the Vaio range for gaming etc

apierc1
Visitor

Have you looked at HP/Compaq?

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

No he hasn't. He is a loyal Vaio customer. :smileygrin:

And he definately has not had a look at the alienware laptops designed just for gaming :laughing: