Join now - be part of our community!

Need some rookie advice

profile.country.GB.title
BernardSB
New

Need some rookie advice

Hi to the Sony community

I need some advice. My pretty-old (ancient?) Sony laptop has suddenly lost colour - albeit only after I sign in as user (NB). In other words, the Desktop cover-page is still in full and brilliant colour. Thus both screen and motherbaord should be fine. But as soon as I sign in as user (I am also the admin) - and enter into Windows (Windows 10) and other apps, the colour changes to black-and-white, or shades-of-grey. This has only just happened, a couple of hours ago. No problems prior to that. Otherwise everything seems to be just fine. I have done some general internet research and it seems that I might have to download the display drivers again? Sadly I have been struggling to access those - I simply get lost in the Sony search engine for the required driver/s. My laptop is a Sony Viao, VPEH2H1E, 64 bit, running off the Windows 10 platform and with Windows Office Pro (all legal software). Basically I simply wish to access the appropriate Driver/s and download them. Can anybody please advise?

Thanks and regards,

Bernard        

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

All the available official downloads for your model can be found on the Sony Support page for your model here:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/laptop-pc-vpc-series/vpceh2h1e?downloads-num=35

There is no Windows 10 Graphiocs Driver but there is a Windows 8 Intel HD Graphics 3000 driver available which is worth a try.

Alternatively, search the Intel downloads website for the latest available driver.

https://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/support/products/81500/graphics-drivers/graphics-for-2nd-g...

Run the Intel Driver & Support Assistant to check for the correct driver.

profile.country.GB.title
BernardSB
New

Dear Blencogo

Many thanks for the kind response.

I have indeed followed the advice and reinstalled the Intel HD Grafics 3000
Driver using the second link you had sent me. (I had to decide if I was
happy with an older version than the one presently installed. Which I did -
in the hope of resolving the issue with only having gray-scale in Windows
and other apps).

Unfortunately, upon restart, the entire Windows app and all other apps are
still on gray-scale only. With the notable (and potentially useful)
exception of the start-screen app, This start screen app sends beautiful
full colour pics of nature scenes, etc. These are updated every few days. I
have had that for some years. It is a free app.) [By start-screen I refer
to the first screen, i.e. the "screen saver" - before one signs in a "User"
identity.]

Would you kindly consider and offer some further advice?

(Though I am really sorry to bother.)

Appreciative regards

Bernard